While we call it Yeti Yak Rub, this rub is perfect for beef roasts or briskets. What make it special? Well, Yeti Yak Rub contains ingredients from the rugged Himalayan mountains (original home of BBQ Yeti). This rub was designed to be applied to meat before smoking, but it also works well in the oven or slow cooker.
- 3 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fine ground Himalayan pink salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated white sugar
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons mustard powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons chili or ancho chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed rosemary
- Combine all ingredients into a sealable, airtight container.
- Shake container to mix thoroughly.
- Place beef roast or brisket on a large cookie sheet.
- Apply a light coating of vegetable oil to the surface of the meat.
- Apply a generous coating of Yeti Yak Rib to the front and back surface of the beef.
- Cover lightly and place beef into refrigerator for approximately one hour to let the rub set.
- After one hour, your ribs are ready for the smoker.
Disclosure: BBQ Yeti is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.